12 Fun Things to Do in Orlando
Updated: Apr 2
Not only is Orlando the most visited tourist destination in the United States, it's the theme park capital of the world
By: Kara Franker - Courtesy Visit Florida
Whether you're ready to travel or just ready to plan, we're here to guide you.
Orlando is home to the world's top theme parks and water parks such as the six parks at Walt Disney World Resort: Disney's Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach Water Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, The Magic Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon.
And the two theme parks Universal Orlando Resort: Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida.
There also are three parks from SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment: SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove.
And don't forget about LEGOLAND!
Since you probably only have a few days to explore all of these fun things to do in Orlando (although we'd love for you to stay longer!), it's hard to know where to start. But that's where I come in.
As the VISIT FLORIDA Entertainment & Luxury Insider, I was tasked with planning 48 hours of nonstop fun Orlando activities in Mickey Mouse's hometown. And I dared to look beyond the theme parks (although I went to those, too!).
Fun Orlando Activities:
1. Check out the view from the Royal Suite at The Ritz-Carlton.
On top of the list of things to do is view as far as the eye can see from atop of the Royal Suite at the Ritz-Carlton
2. Take photos of as many princesses as you can at Disney's Magic Kingdom.
A favorite activity for your princess, viewing all of the princesses in Magic Kingdom!
3. Party the night away in downtown Orlando.
There's plenty to do for just the adults too! Enjoy all that Orlando's nightlife has to offer.
4. Swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove.
Swimming with dolphins is a great family memory maker!
5. Dance with with black swans at Lake Eola Park.
Beautiful swans at Eola Park
6. Take an elevator selfie at the Grand Bohemian. Oh and try their Sunday brunch, too.
Fun selfies in the elevator at the Grand Bohemian hotel
7. Bask in the sun at the spa pool at The Ritz-Carlton.
Sometimes no activity is the best activity like poolside at The Ritz-Carlton
8. Find your inner foodie and dine at Prato in Winter Park.
You'll get caught up in all there is to do until you need to refuel. Prato in Winter Park is only one of hundreds of restaurants with amazing food in Orlando.
9. Tour Whisper Creek Farms at the JW Marriott.
Tour Whisper Creek Farm that supplies farm-to-table goods to the neighboring hotel restaurants
10. Brave the watery free-fall at Ihu's Breakaway Falls at Aquatica.
The steepest multi-drop water slide in Aquatica water park is thrilling!
11. Check in with your furry friend to The Alfond Inn -- a dog-friendly hotel in Winter Park.
Bring your pup along to enjoy all there is to do in dog-friendly Orlando. The Alfond Inn is just one of many pet friendly hotels.
12. Admire the Florida sunset at Grande Lakes.
After a busy day enjoying all there is to do in Orlando, take a load off and admire the sunset.
Travel is tricky but not impossible. You need a trusted advisor to guide you along the way.